Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Visit to Manila Ocean Park



The Philippines is blessed with wonderful beaches and some of the best diving sites in the world. So when I heard that our very own Manila Ocean Park is now open, I was excited. For a non-diver like me, I’d also like to get a glimpse of the underwater world of the Philippines. And I felt that it’s about time we had our own ocean park that would rival the ones in Hong Kong and Singapore.



Off we go, my uncle, cousin and I, to visit Manila Ocean Park. Entrance fee is P400 per person. True, there was a lot of interesting sea creatures on display but it pales in comparison to the Ocean Park in Hong Kong. I was expecting to see dolphins, more sharks, and maybe a whale. But there were none. It was not yet fully complete during the time we went there. Hopefully, when it’s 100% done, Manila Ocean Park will leave its visitors breathless.

Manila Ocean Park is located behind the Quirino Grandstand, Luneta, Manila, Philippines.

No comments: