Sunday, September 14, 2008

Comfort Food: Mom and Tina’s Bakery Café

My interest was peaked when I saw dozens of people queuing up during lunchtime outside Mom and Tina’s Cafe. I have to see and taste for myself what the buzz was all about. Since it was impossible for my officemates and I to get a table, I just ordered a Chocolate Mousse Pie (P110) to go. As soon as I got back to my work desk, I took a bite of the choco mousse pie…then another…then another…It was sooo good. I’m not fond of desserts and I have to say, it was one of the best choco mousse that I have tasted. The flavor is rich but not overly sweet. With dessert this yummy, what more
their entrees!

So when my best friend asked me where I wanted to have lunch one weekend, I immediately suggested Mom and Tina’s. We arrived way past lunch hour, which was good because by that time there were no more long lines. But the café was by no means empty. With its homey atmosphere, dainty wallpaper, warm lighting and cozy tables and chairs, it’s a great place to bring your family, partner and/or friends for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The price is quite reasonable too.
Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken (P240)
The serving is good for two.

Shepherd’s Pie (P140)
The quintessential comfort food! I’d go back again, if only for this dish. Smooth mashed potato with ground beef in creamy mushroom and tomato sauce. At the end of the meal, the dish bowl was scraped clean. Served with garlic cheese rolls.

Seafood Pasta with Sun Dried Pesto (P200)
Disappointed with this pasta. I could only eat one bite of it. The fishiness of the squid was overwhelming.



Mom and Tina’s Bakery Café is located at Perea corner De La Rosa, Makati City

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks so yum. will try it out. thanks for the tip!